1. What are the fiber optic Equipment used in the production of Fiber optic Patchcord? In the production of fiber optic patch cords, various pieces of equipment are employed. Key equipment includes fiber optic splicing machines, precision cleavers, polishing machines, polishing fixtures, connector curing ovens, and end-face inspection microscopes. These instruments ensure that patch cords are created with high precision, enabling optimal connectivity and minimal signal attenuation.
2. What are the fiber optic Equipment used in fiber optic testing? To test fiber optic systems, technicians utilize equipment such as optical power meters, visual fault locators (VFL), optical time-domain reflectometers (OTDR), optical loss test sets (OLTS), and fiber inspection scopes. These tools play an essential role in testing various parameters, such as power loss, fault location, and signal quality, to ensure fiber optic systems are operating efficiently and effectively.
3. What are the fiber optic Equipment used in the production of Fiber optic PLC splitters? The manufacture of fiber optic PLC (planar lightwave circuit) splitters involves the use of various specialized machines and tools. These include waveguide deposition equipment, photolithography systems, die bonding stations, fiber array alignment fixtures, and cleaving machines. This highly technical production process results in PLC splitters that possess compact design, high split ratio precision, and low insertion loss, which are essential characteristics for many fiber optic applications.
4. What should I pay attention to in the use of optical power meter? When using an optical power meter, it is essential to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Always ensure that the meter and connectors are clean to avoid inaccurate readings.
- Calibrate the instrument for the specific wavelength being measured.
- Use the correct adapter for the type of fiber connector being tested.
- Set the reference for the power meter before taking any measurements.
- Protect the optical power meter from extreme temperatures, humidity, and mechanical shock, as these factors can affect the accuracy of measurements.
5. What should I pay attention to in the use of fiber cleaver? To utilize a fiber cleaver efficiently and safely, please observe the following recommendations:
- Prior to cleaving, ensure the fiber is properly stripped and cleaned.
- Adjust the cleave length, if necessary, for your specific connector type.
- Employ the appropriate cleaving angle according to manufacturer specifications.
- Store and handle the fiber cleaver with care, as the blade is delicate and prone to damage.
- Regularly inspect and maintain the cleaver for optimal performance, including blade replacement when necessary.
I hope this information addresses your concerns and provides a clear understanding of the fiber optic equipment and their proper usage.